The Trusty Fam!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Field Day!











Last Monday was the Kindergarten Field Day at Maddie's school- I have to say, I was sooo excited for her! Technically, I had 2 finals that day, but I rescheduled them for wednesday so I could be there the whole day. SO, that meant I had 5 finals on wed!! OY! But, it was totally worth it (eventhough it rained pretty much all day).
For the most part the events were focused on group participation, but Maddie did place FIRST in the only two individual events- baseball throw and broad jump. I have to brag a little bit:)

BUT- I did realize one big thing during the course of the day... I am THAT mom! As much as I hate to admit it, I wanted her to win more than she did! She didn't care what color ribbon she had- in fact, she didn't want the Blue ribbons at all, she wanted Purple (4th place)!! It really made me re-evaluate how I plan to coach her in Highschool. Oh well! In the end, we had a great day and I was so proud of her and the way she cheered everyone in her class on.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hi Erica!!!
Just got back home, I was in Orlando visitng Stacie and going to C.J.'s girlfriends college graduation there. Then drove with C.J. and his girlfriend back to AZ, WOW what a long drive, this makes 3 years in a row, I have done the Phoenix to Orlando or Orlando to Phoenix trip!!!! I love the drive East of San Antonio!!!!We took our time... 5 days to get home, staying in New Orleans was fun!!!Check out my blog for pics of the trip home!!!
Any who, just wanted to write and say hi!!!!
Of course We are ALL those kinds of MOMMY's!!!!! We want to cheer on our kiddos, maybe not have them win everytime---hmmmm whom am I kidding of course we want them to win everytime!!!!! haha
She is adorable by the way, just like her MOMMY!!!!
If ever in town, please call us so we can see you!!!
love,
jamie